- We have a code of conduct for our senior management and board members.
- We have a framed code of conduct for insider trading.
- We have a code of procedures and practices for Fair Disclosure of UPSI.
- We have a familiarization Program for our Independent Director.
- Policy for determining material subsidiary, the materiality of events, preservation archival of document records, dividend distribution and whistle blower.
- Our company has a policy on related party transactions and sexual harassment.
- Terms and Conditions of Appointment of Independent Director
- We have set criteria for making payments to NED
- People & Management
- Exclusive Focus
- Value Generation
- Governance & Integrity
Pillars of Innovation
- Synthesis & Analysis
- Pilot Plant
- Intellectual Property
- Home Care
- Formulation & Application
- Personal Care Discovery
Since 2000, around 65 patents have been granted to our company with 20 under application.
Global Application Development and Reach
The application development group develop various formulations and test manufactured range of Hair Care, Skin Care, Skin cleansing, Baby Care, Home Care and Oral Care segments. Our solutions are innovative that meet the needs of the customers and provide them with the benefits of beautiful looks, feel good and better living. We supply our offering in more than 75 countries and have many regional offices across the world. We have:
- Excellent customer support
- Collaborated with clients on multiple projects
- Formulation development & testing evaluation
- Effectiveness testing of the innovative model
- Mr. Unnathan Shekhar: Promoter, Managing Director: He holds a Bachelors's Degree in Chemical Engineering that he perused from the University Department of Chemical Technology. He also holds a PG in Management from the renowned Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta. Apart from these degrees, he is a receiver of the ÃÂ¢â¬ÅDistinguished Alumnus Award for 1998ÃÂ¢â¬Â. Mr. Shekhar, has a total industry experience of more than 30 years and has been working for our company since May 20, 1986, and currents take care of overall management as MD.
- Mr. Kasargod Ganesh Kamath: Executive Director (Finance) & Chief Financial Officer: He is a qualified Company Secretaries, Cost Accountant and holds a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) degree. Mr. Kasargod, was associated with The Institute of Bankers, London and The Indian Institute of Bankers. It was back in the year 2004 when he joined our company as General Manager ÃÂ¢â¬â Finance and Company Secretary. In the year 2014, when he promoted as VP of the company and was given the responsibility of looking after special projects. In the year 2017, he joined our board, rich rich experience of more than 20 years is helping the company to grow at a tremendous rate.
- Mr. K. Natarajan: Executive Director & Chief Operating Officer: He has completed his bachelor's degree in Commerce and is a Cost Accountant from the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India. He has also completed the Advanced Management Programme from the Harvard Business School. It was back in the year 1993 when he joined our company and headed IT, Business Creation, Finance, Business Commercial, Global Sourcing, and Supply Chain and was designated as Chief of Operations in December 2009. Before joining our company, he used to work with Indian Organic Chemicals Limited as Deputy Manager (Finance).
- Mr. Shekhar Ravindranath: Chairman, Non-Executive Independent Director: He was associated with the Institute of Cost Accountants of India and Hindustan Unilever Limited. He was the former MD Executive Director (Beverages), Foods Division, Divisional Vice President Commercial for Detergents at Hindustan Unilever Limited. It was on June 29, 2007, when he joined our company and helped us in serving the customers in the best way.
- Dr. Nirmal Koshti: Non-Executive Director: He has done a Ph. D. in Organic Chemistry. Since the inception of our company, he has been working with us and looking after our research and development department.
- Mr. Vaijanath Kulkarni: Non-Executive Director: He has done his bachelor's in Chemical Engineering and has also attended the Global Advance Management Programme for Global Leadership. He has been working with our company since June 17, 1995, and is currently the managing director of Galaxy Chemicals (Egypt) S.A.E.
- Mr. Subodh Satchitanand Nadkarni: Non-Executive & Independent Director: He has been working with us since August 16, 2002. He has done his Bachelors in Commerce from the University of Mumbai and used to be a fellow member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India as well as The Institute of Company Secretaries of India. His vast experience in the domain of commerce, finance, project management, human resources management, marketing, and general administration is helping our company to stand out in the market. He had also worked with Godrej Soaps Limited as the Financial Controller before joining our entity.
- Mr. Melarkode Ganesan Parameswaran: Non-Executive & Independent Director: He is a holder of Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering and a Post Graduate Diploma in Management. He is also a Ph.D. degree holder and has also completed an Advanced Management Program from Harvard Business School. He also worked with Ulka Advertising in 1989 as Vice President, South and thereafter, became Executive Director and CEO. He was also associated with The Boots Company (India) Limited and United Database (India) Private Limited as Marketing Planning Manager and General Manager (Sales) respectively. He was also an adjunct faculty member at S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research. Furthermore, he is an independent director at Qube Cinema Technologies Private Limited and serves as a coach of a brand advisory. He also used to be a member of the Board of Governors from the year 2007-2017 in the Indian Institute of Management and a recipient of the ÃÂ¢â¬ÅDistinguished Alumni AwardÃÂ¢â¬Â from the Indian Institute of Technology. Apart from all this, he is also an associate of the Advisory Committee for SEBI Investor Protection and Education Fund.
- Ms. Nandita Gurjar: Non-Executive and Independent Director: She has a BachelorÃÂ¢â¬â¢s degree holder in Arts, MasterÃÂ¢â¬â¢s degree in Psychology and is an alumnus from the Harvard Business School from where she completed an Advanced Management Program in 2014. Ms. Nandita has a total experience of more than 20 years. She has worked with many reputed organizations including Infosys, Wipro, etc. She is also an advisor to start-ups and is associated with our company since February 1, 2015.
- Mr. Uday K. Kamat: Additional Non-Executive and Non-Independent Director: He holds a BachelorÃÂ¢â¬â¢s Degree in Commerce and is an associate member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and qualified Cost Accountant as well. He owns rich experience of more than thirty-five years in the field of finance, project management, commerce, and general management.
- Mr. Shashikant R. Shanbhag: Promoter, Non-Executive Director: He has done his BachelorÃÂ¢â¬â¢s Degree in Commerce and a qualified Cost Accountant. He is an associate member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and has a rich experience of more than 35 years in the Chemical Manufacturing Industry. Mr. Shashikant is one of our promoters which helps is to stand out in the competitive market.
- Mr. Gopalkrishnan Ramakrishnan: Promoter, Non-Executive Director: He
holds Masters Degree in Commerce and is a fellow member of the Institute
of Cost and Works Accountants of India and The Institute of Chartered
Accountants of India. He has also qualified Company Secretary from The
Institute of Company Secretaries of India. Since May 20, 1986, he is
associated with our company and leaving no stone unturned to meet the
company goals. Mr. Gopalkrishnan is awarded ÃÂ¢â¬ÅThe M.R. DeSouza
Scholarship for the year 1974ÃÂ¢â¬Â ÃÂ¢â¬ÅThe Lotus Foundation ScholarshipÃÂ¢â¬Â in the
year 1974, and the ÃÂ¢â¬ÅNational Scholarship Scheme ÃÂ¢â¬â 1974-75ÃÂ¢â¬Â by the
Indian Government to pursue Masters Degree in Commerce. He is a Silver
Medalists and holds a Certificate of Merit for securing the first
position in the Final Cost Accountancy Examination (India in 1997).
- Quality Policy
- GMP Policy
- CRS Policy
- Human Right Policy
- Sustainability Policy
- Safety, Health and Environment- SHE Policy
- Sourcing Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy at Workplace
Our Market Segments
- Skin Care
- Hair Care
- Sun Care
- Oral Care
- Baby Care
- Home Care
- Embedding Innovation
- Embracing Sustainability
- Enhancing Value
We started our sustainability journey in 2010-11 and made is a core part of our business. With the help of modern science, innovative team and support of our stakeholders, we have advanced our sustainability initiatives in order to have a greater impact.
Group Sustainability Goals 2020
We are extensively focused on the areas of climate change: greenhouse gases, energy, tree plantation, renewable energy, water, packaging waste and life cycle assessment.
- We got CDP Score for 2018
Environmental Change: Management Level, B
Water: Management Level, B
- Eco-Vadis Rating
- We received Silver Medal for Galaxy Group in the year 2018
- Received Recertification for Logo of Responsible Care for Indian Operations
Corporate Social Responsibility
Our Social Responsibility Mission
We aim to promote a healthy society via our specific educational initiatives, environment cleanliness, personal hygiene and infrastructure support.
Our Social Responsibility Vision
The CSR vision of our company is to minimize the use of the resource of the poor and interact with people for their well-being & improved their standard of life.
- Gyan Sanjeevani (Education)
Our company is a strong believer that education is an important base to achieve individual goals.
- Aarogya Vardheeni (Health & Hygiene)
We make efforts to make communities healthier and happier via our excellent initiatives.
- Samajeek Utthaan (Community Development)
We aim to serve the communities near our operational areas for their economic as well as social development.
- Vatavaran Suraksha (Environment Protection)
Our another area of focus is environmental protection, we implement the best measure to conserve the surroundings.
- Stree Unnati (Woman Empowerment)
Our company is providing avenues for financial as well as social situations of girls & women via our Stree Unnati policy.
- Aapda Rahat (Calamity Relief)
We are also contributing to delivering relief material to needed areas and help the victims at the time of disaster.